Book the Best Bands and DJs in the Southeast for your Wedding, Corporate Event, or Private Party!
The Oz Agency
The Oz Agency
The Oz Agency brings more than 40 years of experience to the entertainment business. We represent the most notable bands and DJs in the Southeast for weddings, corporate events, private parties, college functions or concerts. In addition, we also work with comedians, magicians, and speakers. We offer a variety of choices and can provide everything needed for your special event including lighting, staging, and tent setups for any size audience. Our goal is to make your event as trouble-free and successful as it can be.
We can find a band to fit any event on any budget. Explore the pages on this site and then contact us so we can begin to book the best entertainment to make your event a memorable affair for everyone! Learn more about how we can help you.
Call David Hicks at (919) 772-2366, send an Email or fill out the short form on our Booking Info Page for a no-obligation consultation.
I have worked with David Hicks for 15 years booking bands for Nashville, NC’s Blooming Festival, an event that draws 25,000 to our town. He has always made it easy for us to find bands appropriate for our event and to stay within our budget. His attention to our event has always been prompt and professional. His number is first on our list when seeking advice, information or to book bands for our event.
Jo Anne Cooper – The Nashville Graphic – Nashville, NC
We booked the Band of Oz through David Hicks for our son’s rehearsal dinner/dance and it was absolutely the most fun we’ve ever had! David was fantastic to work with and the Band of Oz made the night one that we will always remember. Our friends are still talking about how much fun they had. A great band makes a great party!
Steve and Kathy Chalk
I have worked with David Hicks of The Oz Agency for the last ten years. He has handled about 25 bookings for me personally as well as the Lynchburg Shag Club and other events in the Lynchburg area that I am involved with. He has always been very professional and dependable, delivering what he promised in a timely manner with honesty and integrity. Whenever you need world-class entertainment, David Hicks is your man.
Jack Butler -The State Farm Insurance Co.
Often there can be a lot of uncertainty around choosing and hiring a band or DJ. The Oz Agency will work with you to answer any questions you have and to make the booking and production process as stress-free as possible. Below are several frequently asked questions about booking entertainment. If you have a question that isn’t addressed, please feel free to contact us via Email, phone (919) 772-2366, or fill out the form on our Booking Info page for a no-obligation free consultation.
1. Can I afford a band? Yes! A common misconception when choosing wedding entertainment is that bands are very costly. At The Oz Agency we have a band to fit your budget. After all, the entertainment will be the focal point of your reception and will leave guests with great memories for years to come.
2. Why choose The Oz Agency to book my entertainment? The Oz Agency has over 40 years of experience in the music industry. Our ultimate goal is to make your event easy and enjoyable. We offer several choices for your entertainment, whether a band or a DJ. The Oz Agency even provides lights, staging and tents if needed. It is your day and we want to make it special!
3. How far in advance do I need to book a band/DJ? In order to get the band that you dream of dancing to, book them as early as possible. Ideally, bands are booked six months to a year in advance; however, give us a call as soon as you’re ready and we’ll do our best to make it happen.
4. What is the process for hiring a band/DJ? Give us a call at (919) 772-2366, Email us, or fill out the form on our booking info page. We will schedule a time to talk with you to decide the right entertainment option for your event. After determining your perfect band we will issue a contract and confirm the date. Upon signing the contract, a deposit of up to 50 percent should be paid. The balance will be due at the end of the performance. If you don’t want to worry about payment on the day of the event, you can make your final payment in advance and it will be held until your event is concluded.
5. What type of lighting or sound will I need? The audio production and lighting for your performance will be included in the cost of the band. For other needs such as generators, tents or chairs we can direct you to an appropriate vendor.
6. What if the group I am interested in isn’t listed on this site? The Oz Agency has access to any group you would like for your event. We even work with several national artists so just let us know who you dream of having and we will get them!
7. Do I have to pay for travel costs or lodging for the artist I book? Most of the time, the group will take care of their own travel or needed accommodations. However, any excessive travel expenses that are required will be included in the quoted cost.
8. Still have questions? For any additional questions, please contact us at (919) 772-2366, email David@TheOzAgency.com, or fill out the short form on our Booking Info page. We would love to talk with you!
DJ Tim Holland
Providing Outstanding DJ Service To The Carolinas For Over 20 Years!
Hi. I’m DJ Tim Holland and am dedicated to bringing you the very best in musical entertainment. I’ve been in the music business as a musician/vocalist/DJ and KJ long enough to know what it takes to please an audience. DJ'ing is not just about “keeping them on the dance floor”, which is important, but it’s also about creating the right atmosphere for your event. It’s also important to play the right dinner and ceremonial music and variety music for outdoor festivals and gatherings. I can do that for you. My list of clients and performances include every type of event from school dances, conventions and corporate shows to reunions, private parties and, of course, wedding receptions. I bring experience, knowledge and a passion for music to every show no matter how large or small. My music library is extensive and includes every genre. I continually update my song list and will add songs at your request. Every show is tailored to meet your expectations.
In addition to DJ services, I can also provide karaoke to add even more fun to your event. Whether you’re a serious contender for American Idol or just want to impress your friend… or just have fun, I have thousands of songs to choose from. I’m sure there’s one for you.
My rates are very affordable. I provide high-end entertainment without charging a high-end price. Lighting, wireless microphone use and MC services are provided at no additional cost. Rates are based on type of event, location and duration of show.
Please fill out the contact form provided. You will be contacted promptly to discuss the details of your event and to answer any questions that you may have.
The equipment includes the Bose L-1 sound system, the most advanced sound reproduction system in the industry. The music is digitally recorded guaranteeing outstanding music reproduction. The LED lighting is second only to the music in creating an unforgettable show tailored to each event.
Important Booking Information and Tips
To book this band or ANY other Beach Music or Variety band, Regional or National Act, or DJ, TRUST THE EXPERTS - The Oz Agency - in business for over 40 years with an impeccable track record, and exclusive booking agency for The Band of Oz. Don't trust your important event entertainment to ANYONE else! Call (919) 772-2366.
Unlike most other agents, we have worn all three hats - Booking Agent, Performing Musician, and Venue Owner. We know what it's like from ALL THREE perspectives, which gives us an insight into this industry very few (if any) have.
If you book your entertainment directly and they no-show, or break down, what are you going to do? If you book through us, you have a much higher likelihood that we can get someone there. We can minimize your headaches, answer all your questions, address all your concerns, and make sure all the details are worked out smoothly. We are easy to do business with. We will earn your business. Thank you in advance.
For any suggestions, to report grammatical, spelling, other errors, or anything that is broken or doesn't work correctly on the site, email the WebMaster here:
© 2023 The Oz Agency. All Rights Reserved.